Picture © JEP/ ELMS
What to remember about the 4 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps
ELMS - 26/09/2019
- Sophie LIGER
The 4 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps was once again a thrilling event, here are the key facts of the Belgium round.
- United Autosports took its first win of the 2019 season thanks to Filipe Albuquerque and Phil Hanson at the wheel of the n°22 Oreca 07.
- Luzich Racing with Alessandro Pier Guidi, Nicklas Nielsen and Fabien Lavergne were crowned 2019 LMGTE champions after their win at Spa.
- In LMP3, Eurointernational and Inter Europol Competition are both on 94 points, everything will be at stake during the last race in Portimão.
- United Autosport had a perfect weekend by being the fastest in FP1, FP2, taking the pole position and the win.
- In LMP2, 5 different teams won the pole position out of 5 races: G-Drive Racing (Paul Ricard), Cool Racing (Monza), Idec Sport (Barcelona), DragonSpeed (Silverstone) and United Autosports (Spa). Who will be the final pole sitters of the season?
- Idec Sport and Algarve Pro Racing did an amazing job rebuilding their cars after the crash they had during free practice 2 on Friday. We have seen a lot of solidarity in the paddock to help those two teams and that’s what ELMS is all about.
- 37 cars took the start and 33 crossed the chequered flag. The n°2 United Autosports Ligier JS P3, the n°27 Idec Sport Ligier, the n°24 Ligier of Panis Barthez Competition and the n°19 M Racing Norma M30 did not reached the finish line.
- Phil Hanson set a new circuit race record with a lap in 2:04.674 and Jean-Eric Vergne was the fastest of the week with a lap in 2:00.735 at the wheel of the n°26 G-Drive Racing Aurus 01
The next round of the 2019 ELMS season will be held on the 27th October in Portimão and we will finally know the name of our champions!