New year means new Sporting Regulations. There are several changes for the 2023 European Le Mans Series Season.
A new event at Motorland Aragon will take place on the 25/26 August (two days format), with the 4 Hours of Aragon also being a night race.
• Qualifying sessions increased from 10 minutes to 15 minutes in duration.
• A separate qualifying session for LMP2 Pro/Am competitors.
• Only bronze drivers will be allowed to participate in the LMP2 Pro/Am qualifying session.
• The maximum number of tyre specifications that can be used by LMP2 and LMP2 Pro/Am competitors on each event has been reduced from 2 dry and 2 wet to 1 dry and 1 wet.
• Any equipment for warming the tyres or keeping them to temperature is forbidden.
FULL COURSE YELLOW
• The pit lane entry will be closed when a Full Course Yellow (FCY) is announced. The pit entry will close as soon as the message “Prepare for FCY at XXhXxmXXsec" is posted on the monitors.
• The pit lane exit will remain open.
AUTOMATIC INVITATIONS TO THE 2024 24 HOURS OF LE MANS
• LMP2: 1st and 2nd placed competitors in the overall classifications will receive invitations.
• LMP2 Pro/Am: 1st placed competitor in the overall classifications will receive an invitation.
• LMP3: 1st placed competitor in the overall classifications will receive an invitation.
• LMGTE: 1st placed competitor in the overall classifications will receive an invitation.
CLICK HERE to download the 2023 Sporting Regulations.